What is PayFast?PayFast is a payments processing service for South Africa. Payfast make it safe for buyers to send money and easy for sellers to receive money. With PayFast, you can pay for your goods online via your bank's Internet Banking without any of the hassles!
Benefits of Using PayFast
- Shop Online without disclosing your financial information
- Pay using EFT with the ease and speed of a Credit Card
- Shop with Confidence online
- With PayFast, you can pay via EFT as easily as if you were using a credit card!
- No 2 day waiting period!
- Virtually instant payment confirmation for our customers!
- No faxed proof of payment!
- It only takes minutes to set up, and once set up you can use payfast with many online shops and services, IE: bid or buy
- PayFast accepts Ukash as a payment method.
Is PayFast secure?“Absolutely! And often more so than many other payment methods!
PayFast is developed with the same demands on security and performance as web sites used for banking services and share trading. Your account login, personal details and all money transactions are secured using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with high security 256 bit encryption.
Your sensitive financial information (like credit/debit card details) is never sent to the people you pay! So you can send money without sending your financial information! So you don't need to worry about paying people you don't know.”
How safe are my details (eg. bank details) which I provide to PayFast?“In short, very safe!
Security is one of our top priorities and one of the areas where we feel a lot of merchants and existing payment processors are lacking.
We make every effort to ensure the security of your details provided to us, and will continue to increase the security of the service we offer through the effective use of technology.
With regards to bank details specifically, you are not required to give us your banking details unless you need to receive a payout from your wallet. Most users who pay for things online will probably never need to furnish their bank details, it really been only the receivers of money (merchant's) who will need to do this.”
Please visit www.payfast.co.za for more information and FAQ's.