Large/busy high end business seeks dynamic, confident and experienced Chef de Partie to take on the responsibility for all food storing, preparation, production, cooking and daily service of this particular unit.
Duties and responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, to ensure the consistent smooth running of food production areas within the designated areas.
- To ensure effective control of stock, storage, preparation and service with regard to quality, quantity and safety in accordance with the Head Chef.
- Maintaining a high level of food quality and production with the aim of exceeding expectations.
- To ensure that all complaints, suggestions or enquiries by guests are dealt with in accordance with the Head Chef.
- Ensuring the security of all foods, chemicals and equipment by maintaining procedures laid down by the Head Chef and aligned to the Health and Safety Policy requirements.
- To ensure that at all times cleanliness, food safety and all other Health and Safety matters are adhered to so as not to breach any legislative points within the Health and Safety regulations.
- As and when required give support, to all sections of the kitchen, namely but not limited to; hot, salad, breakfast, pastry and banqueting sections.
- Report any disciplinary matters to the Head Chef.
- To foster a good team spirit at all times.
- To undertake all other duties commensurate with the post as and when directed by the Head Chef.
- Attend daily briefing on menu for that day.
- To assist senior staff members with lunch prep.
- To assist breakfast section with help in service.
- Help with the set up for lunch service.
- Set up designated section for lunch.
- Assist with the prep for after lunch service and make sure all is packaged properly.
- Assist with daily clean down.
- Do daily cleaning duty.
- Make sure all sections of kitchen are clean.
- Recognised Food preparation qualification;
- Advanced cooking skills and menu knowledge;
- 1- 2 years’ experience in similar establishment;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Good problem solving and conflict-handling skills;
- Knowledge of food hygiene standards;
- Food planning and organisational skills in order to meet deadlines
- Can do attitude.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality from an accredited chef school
- Innovative and good problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
PLEASE SUBMIT SMART SELF PHOTO + FOOD PHOTO'S + RECENT SALARY SLIP + 3 X CONTACTABLE REFERENCES - Thank you.