Kendrick Recruitment is seeking a Chef de Partie for a game lodge situated in Marakele Reserve, Limpopo. As a Chef De Partie in the kitchen, your role is to supervise and control the activities in the kitchen, bar, dining room and scullery
Key Performance Areas/ Responsibilities
- Menu planning and costing for a la carte menu, and staff canteen menu.
- The implementation of new and varied menus with a distinct African/Bush theme.
- Operate the kitchen and direct kitchen personnel leading from the front and setting high standards.
- Maintain and upgrade food quality and presentation.
- Set up control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency.
- Establish daily supervision.
- Continual training and complementation of new culinary ideas.
- Effective people management in order to maximize potential and effectiveness of staff.
- Create proper purchasing specifications.
- Monthly stock taking and the prep thereof.
- Aid and influence policies and procedures pertaining to purchasing.
- Consider changes or replacements of equipment, fixtures, and procedures throughout the department.
- Maintain safe working conditions for all employees.
- Responsible for all proper cleanliness and sanitation standards in accordance with health requirements.
- Hosting guests, promote the lodge and restaurant, not exceeding revenue targets but exceeding guest expectations continuously.
General Duties applicable to all Staff:
- To assist with the offloading of all goods from the trolley.
- To assist in all departments where needed should the lodge require.
- To report for work timeously and in keeping with company policy.
- To assist with duties in all departments at times other than normal hours as defined in your letter of appointment.
- To ensure clean and presentable uniforms.
- Hand over of duties before/after a leave/off days.
This is a live-in position and offers a salary of R6,500 with additional company benefits. If you meet the minimum requirements mentioned above and wish to apply then send us your CV today... Good Luck!