A Hotel in Polokwane seeks an experienced and professional Training Manager / Officer to join their team. The successful candidate will be responsible to identify the training needs and then offering the relevant new or refresher training to all the departments within the hotel.
- Hospitality qualification couple with relevant certificate/diploma in training.
- Must be a qualified trainer/assessor.
- Computer literacy
Duties & Responsibilities:
Some of the required activities are likely to include some or all of the following
- Identifying training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with managers and the human resources department
- Together with the Human Resources Manager identifies employees for development, makes recommendations to Department Heads as well as to develop departmental training plans
- Design and develop in house training materials needed to maximize employee efficiency at work according to the standards required and expanding training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual;
- Ensuring training is tailored to meet the requirements of new and existing staff
- Developing effective induction programmes;
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met;
- Stays current with the latest training development in the market and keeping up to date by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses;
- Managing the delivery of training and development programmes and, in a more senior role, devising a training strategy for the organisation;
- Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- Recommends and monitors individual development plans
- Develops employees to maximise their potential and prepares them for future promotional opportunities by conducting counselling sessions where development needs are discussed.
- Ensures compliance with departmental training plan
- Maintains complete and accurate training records
- Increases the consistency of customer service by utilising training as a strategy to achieve customer service and operational goals
- Utilises motivational training techniques to develop and implement service skills and standards
- Reacts to any observed performance deficiencies and develop training materials to improve the employees skills accordingly
- Conducts management training courses regularly
- Will be required to complete annual reports for CATHSSETA (WSP and ATR)
- Oversee SETA accreditation
- Deliver and conduct training programmes to all levels of staff
· The candidate must be detail orientated and must have the ability to handle several tasks at once.
· Be well groomed & self motivated
· Previous Hotel operational experience essential
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
· Ability to solve problems
· Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
· Excellent time management
· Experience in similar position or equivalent
· Have an excellent attendance record