Kendrick Recruitment is looking for a sous chef to join the team at a Boutique hotel in Polokwane. The successful candidate would be required to assist with the management of the kitchen together with the executive chef. The candidate will also be required to maintain and implement hygiene standards and assist with stock takes and staff training
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Support Head chef in the daily operations of the kitchen
· Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the Head Chef
· Control food stock and food cost within the kitchen
· Assist head chef with monthly stock takes and staff training
· Prepare the daily “mise en place” and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
· Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
Qualifications & traits required:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Sous chef position in a formal Restaurant / Hotel.
· Strong personality that can think on their feet and work under pressure.
· Well-spoken and well-presented individual.
· Strong leader who has been in charge of employees before.
· Must have grade 12.
· Formal cooking degree/diploma
· Experience in running functions of up to 250 pax at a five star level.
· Must be able to work under pressure
· Must be able to create, cost and maintain recipes.
· Must have strong general knowledge of food and kitchen procedures
If you believe you meet the requirements above, please send us the following:
1. Head and shoulders picture in uniform
3. CV with contactable references & any written references you may have
We look forward to hearing from you