A four-star hotel based in Durbanville is look for a qualified Chef de Partie to start employment as soon as possible.The candidate will be responsible for preparing, cooking and plating food, for a section in the kitchen, and achieving four star level food.
The job duties will include:
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
- Prepare all meals to the correct recipe and the correct quantity.
- Provide guidance to junior chefs.
- Communicate and anticipate shortages.
- Adhere to kitchen storage.
- Assist with controlling of product waste management.
- Prepare staff meals as requested.
- Clean down the section at the close of each shift and assist with any other cleaning tasks as required.
- Proceed with orders as called out by the senior chef.
- Measure ingredients, size and portions accurately when preparing for service
- Prepare, cook and serve food assigned by the senior chef
- Rotate food, place away inventory and manage deliveries.
- Assist with stock takes
- Manage operating equipment as required.
- Use hotel and personal equipment carefully to minimise breakages.
Skills and experience required:
Minimum of 4 – 5 years’ experience as a chef in a 4/5 star hotel
Qualified with formal City and Guilds training
If you meet the requirements please send your CV. Preference will be given to candidates residing in the Northern Suburbs.