My Client a a Large Preditor / Wildlife sanctury in Zanzibar is recruiting for a Guide / Guest Experience coordinator for their Wildlife Sanctury in Zanzibar. The establishment is a CITES recognized rescue and conservation center located on the North West coast of Zanzibar and takes care inter alia of Large cats and other preditors as well as primates and various other species African wildlife. The sanctury offers visitors educational close encounter tours with these animals.
A FGASA qualified Nature Guide, or candidate with Nature conservation / Animal Healthcare qualification coupled with Guest hosting experience would be ideal for this position.
Applicants should apply online to this advert or send CV's direct to The Recruiter : [Please apply below]
- Basic salary : US$ 1500 - US$2000 - Negotiable based on qualifications and experience
- Live in accommodation- single status
- Meals Provided
- Uniforms provided
- Medical Insurance
- Cost of all visas and work permits
- Bi annual return airflights to point of origin
- Very Socialble and ability to interact well with others
- Good Knowledge of African Wildlife / Nature Field Guiding (FGASA) or Nature Conservation / Animal Healthcare / Vetinary Nursing,qualified : will secure this position
- Tourism / Hospitality Diploma - similar - will get preference
- Practical experience handling animals, passion for animal’s welfare and conservation.
- People skills, routine in dealing with a larger groups of guests in a hospitality business environment, ability to speak in public
- Seriously, reliable personality
- Good Command of English language essential & other European language French, German, Italian etc would be a great advantange
- Drivers Licence
- 2-5 years Previous Experience as a Guide, Manager / Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities will include :
- Managing the educational close encounter tours with guests and support The Sanctury / Establishment - Operations Director with the care and familiarisation / training of animals using positive reinforcement methods only.
Take care of animals - all aspects
Assist in manageing a small labour force.
Interact with Visitors / Guests from various countries: Inform them on the topics of our tour, oversee their activities, maintain safety. If necessary, use authority towards our visitors to keep control of situations.
Safely handle The Sancury animals by using positive reinforcement methods only.
- Lead Game walks / drives
- Assist with other volunteer / animal interaction at the sanctury