Location: Green Point
This person works report via the Sous Chef to the Executive Chef to translate and implement the
concept, expectations, and vision of the kitchen. Responsible for excellent
customer service and high-quality food preparation.
• Preparation of dishes, ensuring quality and excellent service is prioritized and working to ensure that sales are maximized.
• Create or prepare daily menu specials, taking into account customer preferences.
• Ensure the utmost quality of service and food preparation and to keep wastage to a minimum.
• Ensure that all recipes are followed by the book in preparation for service
• Constantly check all sections throughout the shift ensuring all fridges are checked regularly for cleanliness, correct mise en place, and stock rotation
• If requested by the Sous Chef to order and help with stock taking and troubleshoot any problems that may arise in the kitchen
• Assist with the enforcement of health and safety standard within the kitchen and maintain all areas to the highest level of cleanliness. Ensure that food goes to the customers in a timely manner and should there be any Commi Chefs employed the Chef de Partie will be responsible for managing them.
• A Culinary Arts diploma or a NVQ level 1/2 in food preparation
• 2-3 years’ experience as a Chef de Partie
• Maintaining a professional approach at all times, including appearance and when dealing with customers/staff.
• Good communication skills
• Show a can-do attitude and take initiative