Location: Sabi Sands
A 5* Game Lodge situated in the Lower Sabi Sands.
The Head Guide will be required to manage the safari team in its entirety, and see to the implementation and management of all aspects regarding the safari operation, including guide guests, on foot and by vehicle, providing a holistic safari experience.
Key Focus Areas
• Ensure all guides and trackers comply with the required legal guiding/driving certificates, registrations and regulations as well as company and reserve requirements
• Monitor, manage and be responsible for Safari department, equipment and vehicles
• Personnel and office administration
• Assist with incident management
• Host guests during their stay at the lodges
• Conduct guided game drives with guests
• Facilitation of good interpersonal relations between safari staff, lodge staff and guests
• To facilitate and assist with guest queries and requests
• Monitor and enforce reserve, lease agreement and/or concession rules and regulations
• Evaluate, train and develop staff
• Provide leadership, guidance and counselling to team members
• Take corrective action when required, in accordance with the relevant policies and procedures, in consultation with the Camp Manager
Requirements - Qualifications and Skills • Full Trails Guide • FGASA Level 2 • ARH • PDP • Valid First Aid • NDT registered
Great Leadership and Communication skills. Reliable and efficient working methods.
Accommodation, Meals on duty, Uniform, Tips.