Stock Controller Job LIMPOPO - 4* Luxury Lodge
You will be responsible for providing an effective system of control which protects the financial structure of the undertaking through the methodical, systematic checking of day-to-day business transactions and at the same time provide a source of information to management.
- To ensure cash returns from each department tally with cash amounts on audit rolls.
- To ensure a continuous audit and accumulation of data for the production of daily reports.
- To ensure that official orders have been issued for all purchases and goods received.
- To ensure that stock records systems are accurate and up-to-date.
- To audit requisitions and issues of all outlets and highlight any inaccuracies.
- To ensure that all receivable costs for all departments are processed speedily and held ready for rapid percentage computation.
- To ensure that all computer input is effected daily.
- To ensure regular operating equipment stocktakes are carried out.
- To assist with the checking of overhead costs to ensure that all departments are aware of costs, particularly when there have been deviations from the acceptable norm.
- To provide closing stock figures and physically assist with stocktaking at stipulated intervals.
- To submit reports and identify possible reasons when results differ from anticipated targets.
- To compile control reports for bars and kitchens showing percentage profits.
- To compile consumption reports of metered fuels, showing units consumed and variances.
- To compile stock check reports, with a breakdown of items checked and give comments where variances occur.
- To ensure that all information is passed freely to Heads of Department so they can take appropriate action in the event of adverse results.
- To ensure a smooth working relationship with other departments, avoiding antagonism in sensitive
- To ensure that the prices entered in programmed or computerised cash registers are correct and updated when necessary.
- To ensure that menus are costed regularly.
- To ensure goods receiving procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To prepare feasibility studies as required.
- To carry out regular training/coaching sessions to ensure that staff are performing their duties correctly.
- To be fully conversant with current market prices of all items required by the hotel or catering department.
- To select suppliers with great care by researching their background, establishing their credentials and their standing in the industry regarding their ability to match price and maintain deliveries.
- To listen carefully to the sales person to glean as much information as possible, particularly with regard to new products.
- To negotiate the terms of the agreement fairly, bearing in mind the price, quality and continuity of supply.
- To negotiate realistic discounts in terms of the above agreements.
- To maintain good interpersonal relations with suppliers, thus gaining the best possible service from them to the extent where they do a lot of the work for you.
- To ensure that dealings are made with a senior person in the organisation, i.e. one who has the ability to make decisions.
- To ensure that the correct numbers of suppliers are appointed, in that, though streamlined, sufficient options are open, whilst keeping the number of authorised items in check.
- To ascertain the value of new products through quality testing and field trials.
- To maintain up-to-date records of all suppliers, their products and price lists.
- To keep an index of all supplies handled, with appropriate comments.
- To continuously review commodities and suppliers to ensure that the best possible agreements are in operation.
- To investigate supplier problems, take the appropriate action and follow up to ensure no similar problems are experienced.
- To investigate and action account queries promptly, when these are the result of price variances.
- previous experience in similar position
- focus on F&B
- available to join immediately
- min. matric
- additional courses / training in the field will be a big advantage