I am now in search of a strong CDP for a luxury Restaurant in Pretoria . The candidate I am looking for must have solid and sound experience in a 5 star property or Fine Dining Restaurant with a proven track record and excellent references.
To be responsible for the running of the whole section and assist the senior chefs in managing the kitchen effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the Executive Chef and the kitchen team to maintain high standards in the quality of food both as to its preparation and its presentation
- Working in all areas of the kitchen
- Inform the senior chef on duty of anything which is broken or finished
- Reporting directly to the Executive chef any problems that pertain to the kitchen
- All food to be tasted on a daily basis.
- Provide outstanding and friendly service to the guests at all times
- Receiving & checking the quality of produce delivered.
- Check all requisitions is strictly followed by other departments
- Discuss all provisions-related problems directly with the Executive Chef on a daily basis.
- Check proper storage of all equipment.
- Efficient stock control including regular stock rotations of the Fish, Meat and Walking Fridges as well as the freezers.
- Reducing and controlling the amount of breakages and wastage in your areas of responsibility
Hygiene, Health and Safety & Maintenance:
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen at all times
- Maintaining hygiene standards in all areas of the Kitchen i.e. Dry store, Fridges etc
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order
- Maintaining hygiene standards in all food preparation and restaurant back of house areas
- Be on the lookout for all maintenance issues and ensure that the correct persons are contacted and that the work is carried out to the correct standard
Abilities and Skills:
- A good all rounder with experience in all sections of the kitchen
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate in English
- Effective listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – may have to interact with guests
- Organizational skills - Ability to plan, coordinate, execute and follow up
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to motivate yourself
- Knife skills
- Basic knowledge of HACCP and Hygiene
- Must be of sober habits
- Neat and presentable
- Formal cookery diploma
- 3 years experience in 5 * Hotel
If you have the experience and are ready to join this great brigade where you will learn a vast amount to move your career to the next level I would love to hear from you. Please send me your CV, a recent face photograph and details of three contactable references.