JD Specialized Recruitment are networking on behalf of a stunning, intimate and secluded safari camp in the south of TANZANIA for a professional and experienced WALKING & FLY-CAMP GUIDE. You will assist management with the running of the daily operations of this versatile luxury safari camp.
Start Date – Immediate
- Coordinate, direct and manage the overall camp operation to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Plan and organize all offered activities with maximum efficiency considering available assets and guests wishes.
- Assist with Human Resources matters when needed, including training, assigning work, payroll & performance appraisals.
- Ensure that quality standards are met in all areas of the operation as it relates to the appearance & levels of maintenance; establishes and upkeep of preventative maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the premises.
- Oversee the guest service function to ensure a smooth operation and ensure excellent guest service is delivered.
Skill / requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in hospitality / tourism or similar fields a must
- Must be an experienced and qualified trails guide. Trails guide qualifications and experience taking guests on walking safaris in remote, big 5 areas is a must.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- contactable references
- flexibility to adapt to company systems and structures
- strong leadership skills, yet committed to teamwork
- passionate, energetic and structured
- guiding background and a proven passion for the bush
- candidate needs to be willing to work in remote area for extended periods of time
- Two-year contract
- $1’500 - $2’000 / month net (based on experience)
- 1 x Return flight per season to place of employment (closest international hub in Europe or Africa).
- Food and accommodation in camp
- Contribution to medical aid of your choice $1000 per person per season