A well known Hotel in Knysna is seeking to employ an experienced and vibrant Executive Chef.
Primary purpose of the role:
- Manage the kitchen during shift.
- Recruit staff according to the budget and KPA.
- Staff management - Recruitment, Induction, Training and Development and Progressive discipline
- Stock management and control.
- Deal with guest complaints and resolve.
- Menu creation and costing
- Maintain the security measures put in place in the kitchen.
- Maintain and monitor the proper use and storage of all company assets (equipment, furniture, telephones, accessories, etc)
- Introduce and maintain a cleaning procedure for all company assets and the kitchen
- Practice effective stock control in conjunction with your Seniors.
- Work according to the SOP and Kitchen training manuals.
- Ensure the food is according to standard before sending it out to the guest.
- Maintain cleanliness in all the sections and the kitchen at all times.
- Maintain the Health and Safety procedures of the Hotel
- Any adhoc duty and responsibility as given by Management.
- Chef Diploma and/or 2-3 years senior management experience
- PC literate
- Proven track record
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.