We are looking for an experienced FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGER to join the team of this well-known, 4 star lodge located in Bela Bela
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Managing a fully operational F&B department in a 4 or 5 star Hotel/Lodge environment with a staff complement of at least 40 people.
- Valid Food & Beverage Qualification
- Good command of the English language
- Basic Financial Understanding
- Advanced understanding of cost of sales & profit margins
- Working knowledge of stock controls
- Banqueting & Conferencing Experience
- Excellent “Attention to detail” awareness
- Ability to organize and run promotions and events
- Good Computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- ADVANCED knowledge of MICROS POS & OPERA PMS
- Ability to write weekly and monthly reports
- Excellent time management skills combined with a hands-on approach
- Reliable, Ethical, Confidentiality driven, Motivated, Sales Orientated, Honest, Passionate about F&B
- Ability to manage a Food & Beverage Department as a business unit.
- Staff Training
- Valid RSA Drivers licence
- Valid RSA ID
- Excellent Track Record with at least 2 years in each position
- Well-spoken and presentable
- Be guest-centric ensuring great experiences
- Innovative and creative - To drive hospitality at the Lodge to new levels
- Relationship building, with staff, guests, the community, the industry (agents and other lodges)
- Must be able to cope under pressure to meet guests needs
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with staff and guests
- Attention to detail
- Diligence and self-motivation to meet deadlines
- Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others
- Adherence to all company practices
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staff Management (Training, Performance & Appraisals, Client Service, Policies & Procedures, SOP’s)
- Development & Implementation of Food & Beverage Procedures
- Able to achieve targets
- Equipment and Stock control
- Design, Implement and Manage Shift Schedules for staff,
- Establish Food & Beverage budgets and Financial goals
- Monitor operations and ensure compliance with health, safety and hygiene industry standards
- Accounting (Cash Flow, Bank Deposits, Budget, General Financial Statements)
- Respond to client inquiries and/or complaints, - Develop & Implement marketing strategies, - Be able to work in a remote area.
- Salary negotiable within reason & dependent on experience and qualifications
- 13% Provident – forms part of CTC package (compulsory membership).
- Medical aid for individual only, restricted to Classic Saver or below option on Discovery – forms part of CTC package (voluntary membership)
- Live In Position & Meals provided on duty – single accommodation only, due to the location – no pets and no children
To apply for Food and Beverage Manager | Limpopo | 4 star Lodge, please send your CV with recent photo and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job!