Gorgeous George consists of a Multifunctional Events venue, 32 Bedrooms, a Restaurant and Bar and a Rooftop Pool and entertainment venue.
We are currently seeking a Reservationist for our hotel opening. We’re looking for an energetic, reliable and positive individual who is passionate about guest liaison, confident with guests and comfortable dealing with high profile guests from diverse backgrounds.
The role of the reservations agent is to help contribute towards promoting and selling of Harpers House and Gorgeous George bedrooms and facilities.
The main purpose of the role includes, but is not limited to:
- Report for duty punctually for every shift, in complete, clean uniform and sign in with the line manager.
- Take telephone enquiries for room and restaurant bookings using appropriate level of efficiency and sales techniques
- Have an outstanding product knowledge of the hotel, it’s facilities, layout, tariff structure and local amenities
- Respond to enquiries via the website, Email and letter, in a timely manner
- Booking of Restaurant and Bar in the hotel, and ensuring that these bookings are communicated to the outlets
- Have sufficient knowledge of the packages that are available in order that these can be sold
- Operate with a sales attitude being aware of sales opportunities which will assist with the maximisation of revenue
- Undertake tasks in a timely manner that have been delegated to you by the line manager
- To liaise and co-operate with all other operational departments on all Front of House matters that affect them
- To maintain the highest standards of team and personal appearance, hygiene and conduct at all time
- To ensure the highest level of care and courtesy is maintained at all times with our visitors, clients, guests and team members
- Reporting to the Front of House Supervisor
What we are looking for:
- Excellent enquiry handling and customer service skills over the phone
- Great communication skills to give the correct information regarding bedroom/restaurant availability and room rates
- A good communicator, exceptionally friendly and inclusive
- Current /previous working experience as a Reservations Agent is highly desired or someone who has worked as a Host/Receptionist in hospitality
- Confident, professional and welcoming personality
- A positive attitude and good previous track record are essential, as is previous experience of delivering high quality guest service
- To be courteous and of a pleasant nature
- Reliable and proactive
- Flexible with the hours and days you can work
- Experience in a front-of-house role with excellent customer service skills, driven by an engaging and outgoing personality is a must
What we offer:
- Complimentary meals on duty
- A competitive salary
- Fantastic career growth opportunities