Location: Cape Town
A 4 star hotel in Seapoint is seeking a reservationist
The incumbent in the position of a Reservationist is to:
• be familiar with the average room rate and occupancies in the surrounding area.
• keep abreast on events happening in the surrounding areas.
• deal with / and follow up on all enquiries timeously.
• provide clients with accurate information with regards to availability, room types, hotel facilities and rates
• ensure that all prepared correspondence is accurate & filed daily
• forward correspondence to relevant properties for daily handover as per procedure
• ensure that all relevant fields within booking screen are correctly and accurately completed
• ensure that bookings are recorded manually in the event of system shut-down and input correctly onto system thereafter
• ensure that all guaranteed bookings are confirmed
• be responsible for adherence to laid down procedure & standards in order to achieve thehighest possible occupancies and average room rates
• The incumbent should be computer literate
• Professional telephone manner
• Language – speak/write in english
• Accuracy in data capturing
• Able to do advanced accounting and mathematical calculations
• Should be able to work unsupervised
• To be loyal to the brand
• Grade 12 (Standard 10)
- Have previous experience with reservations
- Understanding of yielding an advantage
- Has a hotel background