The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, and pay attention to detail, be creative, and show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, ability to accept routine and mundane tasks, have high energy level, and be flexible, ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable.
- Good interaction/communication with Lodge Manager and fellow staff and guest service
- To be innovative and able to train and grow bush knowledge within the team
- Good discipline and fair treatment: to be a Role Model
- Responsible for training, implementing & maintaining standards
- Management of all stock control: fuel, consumption usage, hot/cold boxes regarding to all equipment
- Ability to complete basic admin i.e... Rosters, PDP check, Consumption reports etc...
- Access current drives and see how to enhance the experience with each guide
- Hold daily meetings with the guides to keep a strong, tight team
- Valid CATHSSETA Accredited qualification ie. FGASA Level 2, ARH, PDP, First Aid, KZN Local Guide DTEA,Lead TrailsÂ
- At least 6 years relevant experience in the industry. 3 years as Senior Guide
- Luxury lodge experience an advantage
- Computer Literate
- Understanding how to manage a dynamic team
- Only South African ResidentsÂ