THE BOARDROOM-REFRESHING RECRUITMENT seeks a BAR MANAGER for our client, a spectacular hotel. Seeking a candidate with personality & exceptional interpersonal skills. If you meet the criteria for this exciting career opportunity, then I would like to hear from you!
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in food and beverage service, either in a 4/5* Hotel, Bar or Exclusive cocktail bar.
- At least 2-3 years spent in a bar managerial role.
- Diploma in Food & Beverage or Hotel Management would be advantageous.
- Well-groomed and highly presentable
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office and Micros POS systems
- Work flexible hours, public holidays, holidays and weekends
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Experience in service recovery, customer focus and satisfaction
- Have a detailed, working knowledge of trends, industry standards and operation procedures
- Detailed knowledge of cocktails, spirits, wines
- Lead, motivate and drive the bar team, consisting of barmen & service staff
- Keeping the guests centre stage with product consistency, guest service and interaction a continuous focus
- Rostering for the department in accordance with the hotel occupancy, special events and operational requirements
- Present during key service times and events, ensuring guest satisfaction by interacting with the guests, following up on requests, dealing with complaints and managing the team on a continuous basis.
- Bar service integrity systems are in place and adhered to
- Ensure that the relevant corrective action is taken.
- Monitoring and maintaining the bar operating equipment, glassware and service equipment
- Daily mis en place in complete and correct, including all essential bar operation equipment
- Ensure that the correct inventory control procedures are followed daily
- Evaluation, tracking and explanation of any variances regarding stock management
- Noting, reporting and following up on maintenance and cleanliness issues for the entire bar area
- Ensure that the hotel cash-up and float management procedures are adhered to.
- Special events within the bar area
- Set up and cleanliness of the entire bar with deck area at all times
- Participated in strategy discussions for promotional ideas to be implemented to actively drive sales and create an upselling culture
- Identify training needs, ensure staff receives training, to provide consistent, knowledgeable, and reliable service
- Personally responsible for daily on-the-job training and skills development for consistent service and products.
- Works closely with the Food & Beverage Manager
Applications should include your updated C.V in word format
Copies of relevant qualifications
A friendly profile photo in professional attire (shoulders and up)
Written & contactable references
Please note that due to high application volumes, we regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We wish you the very best!