Serve as the Restaurant Outlet Chef responsible for the supervision, organization, operation, and training, creation of quality product and plating of all foods served from the kitchen. Responds to the needs, wants and desires of the guests. Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Prepares, works along with and/or directly supervises kitchen staff in the preparation of all foods
- Assists with office with monthly inventories
- Takes a pro-active role in the daily operation of the kitchen for quality of product and sanitation
- Develops daily requisitions from food storeroom and butcher shop
- Advises Food and Beverage Manager’s office as to needed products for ordering purposes on a daily basis
- Develops daily specials for offering in restaurant and bar
- Develops line of communication with front of the house management and staff with daily line-ups and other opportunities
- Directly executes special dinners and menus that are held in the restaurant
- Handle with the assistance from the chef’s office all staff disciplinary issues and annual reviews
- Establishes training standards, prep standards for all stations of the kitchen
- Develop new menu suggestions for implementation for menu change as requested by the Food and Beverage Manager
- Monitors and controls portion size and par levels
- Will assist other culinary managers when necessary in order to better serve member/guests throughout the Club
- The ability to complete any reasonable tasks assigned by the Food and Beverage Manager, or General Manager
- Reports all member / guest complaints to the Food and Beverage Manager’s office and assists in resolving complaints
- Reports any immediate engineering repairs to the respective department and follow-up with the Food and Beverage Manager’s office
- Follows up on health inspection report to take corrective actions when and where necessary
- Submits ideas for future goals, operational improvements and personnel management to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Performs all other duties as assigned by employer.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Culinary School Graduate, Apprentice Program Graduate or any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
Experience: 5 to 7 years of experience in fine dining restaurant, hotel or private
Additional Skills: Supervisory experience, good organization and communication skills are required.