I am in search of a Head Field Guide for an exclusive 5 star award winning lodge in the Sabi Sands. The ideal candidate must have experience in guiding on a’ luxury big 5 property’ and must have FAGASA level 2 certification.
Outline of ideal candidate profile:
Candidates for this position should be passionate about people, wildlife and sharing their knowledge. They must be enthusiastic, energetic and physically fit. Their passion for people should include the drive to exceed guest expectations and have fun doing so. These competencies include the following requirements:
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Taking guests on game drives and/or walks daily delivering an interpretive safari experience.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of guests in your care and must make the guest stay as comfortable as possible, thus exceeding expectations.
- Coordinating and delivering safari activities for all age groups and nationalities.
- Safari activities for children (game drives, fishing and other specific activities as part of our Childrens program)
- Actively support our Conservation and Community Initiatives and programmes
- Hosting of guests during pre dinner drinks and/or meals and/or special events.
- Assisting with guest/staff transfers when required
- Assisting with habitat management when required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (listening skills, verbal communication etc)
- Positive attitude, Self-motivated, Confident
- Excellent sense of humour
- Specific Job Skills
- Strong customer focus to ensure guest expectations are exceeded
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexibility Adapt successfully to changing situations and environments
Qualifications and experience required
- Minimum 2 years guiding experience with reputable companies (of which at least 12 months unbroken service)
- Minimum 1 year Trails Guiding experience
- In possession of all required SA guiding certificates and memberships/affiliations
- Valid PDP
- Valid Code 08 Drivers License
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Rifle competency
- Advanced Rifle Handling (ARH)
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, have high energy levels, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable. If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience, and this sounds like a challenge you are ready for and you are able to relocate I would love to hear from you