Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, and all senior chefs and managers, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues.
- Prepare and service all food items for menus according to hotel recipes, standards, and instructions.
- Actively share ideas.
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all fridges and storage areas to minimise wastage/spoilage.
- Ensure storeroom, sections, fridges, work areas are organized and clean.
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily specials, functions.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils and equipment.
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
- team-player work ethic.
- can-do attitude.
- willing to work all required shifts.
- assertive management approach.
- willingness to assist on all section whenever needed.
- ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- complete involvement in all areas of kitchen operations.
- ownership of responsibilities pertaining to food production and flowing services.
- sense of urgency.
Previous fine-dining / busy establishment / top 50 experience a must.
Diploma / certificate from a culinary institute.
Contactable, positive references required.