Location: Northern Suburbs
JOB ID CODE:
AREA & GRADING:
Northern Gauteng, 5*
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION:
A beautiful, long established 5* boutique hotel situated in one of the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg is now searching for a Chef de Partie (hot kitchen) to join their intimate and dynamic team.
Part of the hotels facilities include a restaurant and conference venue – the successful candidate will be required to assist with the preparation of fine dining restaurant meals, meals for in-house Guests (A la Carte) as well as meals for high end functions and conferences. This is a junior position so the vacancy is best suited to candidates with approximately 2 – 4 years’ experience.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
A formal Chef School qualification;
Hot kitchen experience of 2 – 4 years;
A passion for chefing and kitchen-related duties and be determined to grow in this area;
Good communication skills;
Reliable transport. Advantage: Own transport and drivers’ licence;
Own well taken care of knife set
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
Breakfasts, lunches and dinners for in-house guests;
Prep / service for A la Carte, conference and function Guests;
Assisting the Sous / Head Chef with hot kitchen prep for A la Carte and functions;
Maintain safety and hygiene standards
REMUNERATION & ADDITIONAL BENEFITS:
(Dependent on experience, qualifications and suitability)
R7, 000.00 – R8, 500.00 neg. gross per month – live out;
Performance bonus / yearly salary increase at the discretion of Management;
Split of monthly gratuities
LEAVE / WORK CYCLE:
2 days off per week worked when possible / carried over if necessary – to be discussed in further detail at interview level.
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT APPLYING FOR THIS VACANCY & WOULD LIKE TO GET YOUR APPLICATION IN TO THE EMPLOYER SOONEST, PLEASE URGENTLY FORWARD ALL THE BELOW INFORMATION TO [Please apply below]:
1. JOB ID CODE – SJ181131 in the subject header of your email;
2. CV: In a neat, up to date and presentable WORD document format;**
3. PORTFOLIO: Summary food portfolio of min. 3 starters, 3 mains, 3 desserts – fine dining only;
4. PHOTO: Recent, presentable head & shoulders photo of yourself – preferably in uniform;
5. SALARY: Your minimum – maximum negotiable salary expectation for this position;
6. WRITTEN REFERENCES: Any you may have on file to send us from previous employers – preference for 2;
7. QUALIFICATIONS: Copies of your most formal related qualifications;
8. AVAILABILITY: A – For interviews and B – To start new positions.
**(VERY, VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE REGARDING CV’S - All places of employ, dates of employ and reasons for leaving must be stipulated in your CV);
Safari JOBS thanks you in advance for applying for this vacancy – due to the high amount of applications expected for this position, should you not hear from us within 7 working days, please kindly consider your application unsuccessful at this time – we will however hold your CV on file and alert you to any suitable future vacancies you would be eligible to apply for. Have a great day!