Chef de Partie | Kruger National Park | 5 Star Lodge
We are currently looking for a CHEF DE PARTIE to join this luxury 5 star lodge perched among a canopy of 100 year old trees, overlooking the Sabi River. The style of this 5 star lodge is that of a luxurious tree house, where the main areas link to the 9 private suites via raised wooden walkways. The thick green foliage beneath the overhanging roof of trees has a particular sound to it. The lodge consist of 9 luxury suites, each afford complete privacy. No matter where you are you will not be cheated out of the panoramic views.
Key Focus Areas:
- Plan, prepare and cook menu items as directed by the Head Chef, ensuring that the highest quality is maintained and that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are met at all times.
- Ensure that mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure your station/section is kept clean and tidy at all times.
Food Costs and Stock Control
- To aid in achieving food cost, kitchen standard and overall objectives.
- To have an understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit.
- To assist with all stock control functions that is carried out, according to standard operating procedures.
- To assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries.
Health and Safety
- Ensure the cleanliness and operation of all kitchen equipment as well as all work areas before production runs, to ensure compliance with OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) regulations as well as HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) protocols.
- Enforce all hygiene, and health and safety regulations and ensure high standards of personal hygiene and clean uniform.
- Reduce accidents and ensure that all safety hazards are addressed and potential problems communicated to the Management.
- Ensure maximum safety and security in all areas under your control and that staff are fully aware of the importance of safety and security.
- Ensure that you are familiar and compliant with safety regulations and know the emergency and contingency plans for flood, lodge fire, bush fire, evacuations.
Communication and Teamwork
- Attend and contribute at regular meetings, be perceptive and sensitive to staff problems and needs, ensure that all facts communicated to any staff member are correct and accurate.
- Carry out and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen.
- Ensure all statutory and company regulations are adhered to.
- Be flexible and willing to help other departments at busy times if required.
- Promote staff morale and workplace safety.
- Report and work with Sous Chef in Head Chefs absence.
Skills and Requirements:
- Matric/NQF Level 4
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in similar role
- 5* Lodge experience preferable
- Administrative skills
- Computer literate : MS Office
- Strong Customer service orientation
- Health & Safety working knowledge
- Planning & organising skills
- Numeric ability
- Supervisory skills
- Market Related
- Meals on Duty
- Provident Fund
- Medical Aid
Starting date: ASAP
To apply for the Chef de Partie | Kruger National Park | 5 Star Lodge, kindly send your CV with recent photograph, food portfolio, written references and certificates/diplomas
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!!
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job! http/www.recruitforafrica.com