RECRUITMENT FUNDI is seeking a well experienced Pastry Chef de Partie to join this team of professionals.
- This position requires a technically focused, task orientated person who can work at high pace in a deliberate predictable manner with great attention to detail, who is highly creative with a passion for food; to assist with the day-to-day running of the pastry kitchen.
Minimum Experience or Qualification:
- Diploma in Patisserie
- Must have at least 1 years experience in a 5* Hotel or Fine Dining Establishment
- Good knife skills
- Neat with high regard for personal hygiene and presentation
- Solid English verbal communication skills
- Understanding and application of basic math calculations
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays with a long cycle of consecutive work days
Key Performance Objectives:
- To manage section and section staff ensuring that:
- Section stock levels are correct and where required requisitioned in accordance with SOP
- Mise en place requirements are planned, actioned and handed over in accordance with SOP
- All food prepared is done in accordance with recipes standards
- Section is set up and managed to maximise productivity and in accordance with Health and Safety and Statutory Hygiene practices and company guidelines
- Section’s Stock is cleaned, organised, labeled and rotated in accordance with SOP
- To communicate any challenges re. equipment, food and staff to the chef on duty as soon as it becomes known
- To train staff on an ongoing basis to ensure they are always up to standard with current menu recipes and standards
- Advise kitchen management of order requirements for section stock in accordance with business levels ensuring sufficient stock and no wastage
- Ensure that fridge temperatures are monitored and reported daily
Please send your updated CV and a recent head and shoulder photo to Mr Andre Niemand at Recruitment Fundi.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not be contacted within seven (7) days.