Our client a Deluxe Lodge in Limpopo is urgently recruiting for a well qualified Pastry Head Chef ( must be able to fit in and assist in normal Hot Kitchen production ) with necessary experience.
The succesful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the Pastry section in the kitchen is supervised and that quality food is produced in a hygienic environment, in line with the required company standards. Portion control must be exercised according to the number of guests dining and stock rotation in terms of the mise-en-place used in preparation of desserts,pastry and baked items.
- Ver Competitive Market related Salary dependant on experience
- Benifits will be discussed in the interview
Important for Applicants:
- Applications must be made online to this advert or sent to : The consultant : email - [Please apply below]
- Applications must include:
- Detailed CV
- Head and Shoulders photograph of yourself
- List of certifications and qualifications
- 3 photos of recent pastry work
- Formal Culinary / Patisserie qualification
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in a medium / large sized Pastry section within a kitchen
- Assertiveness, patience and good organizational skills
- Understanding of kitchen procedure and timing requirements and be able to plan accordingly
- Passion for Patisserie work / chefing and kitchen-related duties
- Good communication skills
- The ability to implement and maintain health and hygiene procedures
- Knowledge of safety procedures and the use of fire fighting equipment
- First-Aid training - preferable
- The ability to deal with constructive criticism and present healthy, innovative and modern Desserts , Breads and pastries.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervision and training of the Patisserie kitchen staff.
- Preparation of Desserts, Breads and pastries
- Effective guest interaction to enhance guest satisfaction.
- Effective management of Pastry section of the kitchen / will be required to assist with service in the Hot Kitchen as well.
- Administration of orders to minimize shortages and wastage and effective stock control.
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the Pastry kitchen is of the highest standard.
- Correct use and maintenance of Pastry kitchen equipment.
- Maintaining fridges and stores to the highest hygiene and stock rotation standards.
- Communication with kitchen and F&B front of house staff to ensure the smooth running of the Pastry Section.
- Achieving service excellence though Teamwork.
We aim to respond to all candidates, however due to the large number of CVs received, only candidates who meet the criteria listed on available vacancies will be considered. If you do not hear from us in 30 - 60 days please consider your application as unsuccessful.