My client a well known Boutique Game Lodge in Limpopo is recruiting for an experienced Front Office Manager to take over the Front Office / Concierge operations of this excuisite 5* property.
Remuneration package :
- Salary - R 14 000.00 - Negotiable for the correct candidate ( must provide proof of current earnings)
- Single Status Accommodation with Meals
- Apply online to this advert or send applications to : The Consultant - [Please apply below]
- Applications must include : Detailed CV with head and shoulders photograph
Outline of Responsibilities:
Strictly supervises all Front Office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Direct and coordinate the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services and telephone areas. Responsible for training of all front office staff.
- Matric - Minimum
- Tertiary - Hospitality: Hotel Management Diploma - essential
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the primary language – English - used in the workplace
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years in a Front Office Management position in 4-5 star establishments
- Must have Grade 12
- Must have full knowledge and understanding of Opera property management system, including Opera report functions, debtors and accounts receivable within Opera system ( Candidates without Opera Experience will not be considered)
- Microsoft Office packages and Outlook - essential
- Strong leadership and communication skills (Written and oral)
- Resilient and flexible
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Excellent sales and customer skills – able to develop and maintain relationships with clients and increase Leisure Market business
- Polite, friendly person that can think on their feet.
- Well spoken and well presented individual.
- Strong administration skills
- experience in handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks
Directly supervises all Front Office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
Reports to : General Manager and Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance if each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the central reservations department and passes on pertinent details to all departments
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the lodges commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. Ie flash report, allowance etc.
- Monitor high balance accounts receivables and take appropriate action to ensure payment of all account holders are paid on time.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P 's and repeat guests special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Balance all night audit packs and journals to prelists prior to submitting to financial manager
- Submit all front office generated reports to the general manager on time
- Ensure all stock takes of the curio shop is checked and signed off prior to submission to financial manager
- Hosting of guests at dinners on a roster basis
- Signing off of all front office time books and leave requests prior to submission for approval to the general manager
- Duty rosters for front office