Kendrick Recruitment is now searching for a luxury lodge experienced F&B Manager for a busy luxury Game Lodge, situated on the Timbavati Game Reserve, near Hoedspruit, Limpopo. Please note, our client is specifcially looking for a female candidate for this vacancy.
Our client is looking for a professional Food & Beverage Manager to be responsible for managing all F&B operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The successful candidate will be able to forecast, plan and control all the F&B functions, staff and the financial aspects of the department including the food and beverage costs. The F&B Manager should be hands-on with the management of F&B operations at the lodge, working efficiently and effectively within budget and to the highest standing whilst leading the team by mentoring & motivating employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all F&B and day-to-day operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards
- Preserve excellent levels of customer service. Making sure that the guest needs are addressed and attend to any issues that might come up during daily service operations.
- Contribute, design and update the established menus, purchase goods and continuously make necessary improvements to raise the standard and quality of food offered at the lodge.
- Lead the F&B department by nurturing and training the team.
- Department Performance Appraisals.
- Establish SOPs & schedules for the F&B team.
- Provide effective two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis on motivation and teamwork.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and ensure all employees work in a safe environment, and adhere to Occupational Health & Safety policies outlined in the company policy document.
- Generate Reports to provide to management regarding costs and productivity in the department.
- Develop a healthy working relationship with suppliers and continuously looking to improve and expand the supply chain.
- Continually working to improve the guest experience and satisfaction.
- Proven food and beverage management experience in a similar lodge environment.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Opera, POS)
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks.
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices.
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets.
- Guest-oriented and service-minded.
- Culinary school diploma or degree in food service management or related field would be highly beneficial.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own transport
Basic Salary: R20,000 per month. Live in position (single accommodation is provided, meals provided on duty).
Should you feel you are the perfect all-rounder our client is searching for, please apply with your updated CV (full), references and a recent head & shoulders photo ASAP!
Please note: Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not receive correspondence from us within seven (7) working days of submitting your application, please consider your application for this position as unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply for any other positions that we may advertise in the future.