We are now in search for a full-time Senior Chef de Partie for a 5 star Island property located in the Seychelles.
For this specific and challenging role, we are seeking an experienced senior chef who is flexible and intuitive; who can demonstrate familiarity with the latest culinary trends; and who possesses an ability to think outside of the box. In addition to a genuine passion for cooking, the successful Senior Chef de Partie must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, a well-groomed manner, confidence in hosting guests, and indisputable attention to detail.
Specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Being accountable for the day-to-day running of the kitchen service in the absence of the Head Chef
• Supervising cooks and all other kitchen staff, carrying out on-the-job training and assisting the Head Chef with carrying out discipline, when necessary
• Signing off on the quality and quantity of food served at the resort, in conjunction with the Head Chef
• Assisting the Head Chef with menu planning, food planning, food purchasing, food cost control, and various other assignments i.e. menu pricing, banquets, functions, etc.
• Preparing food items as per set menus and required menus
• Submitting orders & shopping lists to the Head Chef timeously and as per shopping schedules
• Ordering stock when the Head Chef is off duty and checking on delivery quality, quantity and pricing
• Assisting with the establishment of a food and beverage control system: ensuring that daily, weekly and monthly stock takes are taking place and food is not wasted
• Ensuring that resort chefs maintain required standards in terms of food preparation, menu compilations, and general operating procedures
• Ensuring resort kitchen remains clean and hygienic at all times
• Keeping up with trends in cooking and the hospitality industry to ensure that guests are always ensured a positive experience at the resort
Our ideal Senior Chef de Partie will:
• Hold a formal qualification from a recognized culinary institution
• Possess 3 – 5 years of experience as a lodge/hotel/resort chef
• Have a proficiency for written and verbal communication in English
• Be computer literate (at least the Microsoft Suite)
• Have an outgoing personality, with exceptional guest contact skills
• Pride themselves on their talent and adaptability, as well as their integrity, leadership qualities & management skills
• Be highly knowledgeable of current leading culinary trends in both food and beverages
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, have high energy levels, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable. If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience, and this sounds like a challenge you are ready for and you are able to relocate and live on a small Island in the Indian Ocean I would love to hear from you.