Manages daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains hygiene standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods.
Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance throughout all F&B Outlet.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications required:
- Previous experience in a 5-star hotel kitchen or similar environment
- Must be hard working, dedicated and a team player.
- Must be enthusiastic and prepared to work shifts.
- Own transport preferable
Key Performance Objectives:
- Oversee all dining areas, supervises food and beverage service staff in accordance with operating policies that he or she may help establish.
- Creates a positive team atmosphere among Team Members.
- Maintains records of staff, including rostering, discipline and timekeeping
- Understands budgets and operating costs to drives sales and controls costs
- Maintain the budgeted Cost of Sales on both Food and Beverage
- Provides feedback and coaching to the Team regularly.
- Understands building capability through Cross training
- Treats all Team Members fairly, with respect.
- Sets high standards for appropriate team behaviour on shift.
- Works with food and beverage staff to ensure proper food presentation and proper food-handling procedures.
- Handle guest complaints in restaurants with correct decorum
- Schedules regular food and beverage service staff meetings to ensure correct understanding of menus and ensure staff have vocab and descriptive knowledge
- Maintain budget and employee records, prepare payroll, and pay bills, or monitor bookkeeping records.
- Check quality of food and beverage and that service is excellent
- Controls operating Equipment and checks par levels, plans efficiently to ensure restaurant operates optimally
- Check on supplies such as tableware, cooking utensils, and cleaning items.
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services.
- Cashiering, balance against sales and average spends, ensure meeting budget targets
- Ensures new products are executed properly following roll-out.
- Shows enthusiasm about guests within the restaurant.
- Is flexible in dealing with changes/problems (e.g., being short staffed).
- Has effectively forecasted restaurant needs.
- Shifts priorities and goals as work demands change.
- Priorities tasks effectively to ensure most important tasks are completed on time.
- Delegates and follows-up effectively.
- Taking Ownership of issues or tasks and give detail update to the F&B manager and the General Manager.
- Attend management meetings/briefings
- Seeks, listens and responds to Guest feedback.
- Coaches team on how to exceed Guest expectations.
- Does not blame others; takes accountability for problems.
- Effectively identifies restaurant problems through reports and can ideate & execute to resolve the same.
- Proficiency in using computer software and reservation systems
- Proficiency in Point of sale (POS) software, inventory software,
- Assist in planning regular and special event Menu.