Private Big 5 game reserve with exclusive luxury lodge is looking for a Field Guide. This is a privately owned upmarket reserve in the Waterberg are, is unique, offering the most amazing natural beauty to a combination of local and international guests. The field guide is responsible for conducting guided safari experiences and ensuring that they are unique, personalised, professional and memorable.The field guide is expected to be involved in an on-going process of self –improvement and knowledge enhancement.
To be considered you must have the follow:
- A minimum of 3 years work experience as a field guide in a similar 4 or 5* lodge environment
- In depth knowledge of savanah bushveld and the Waterberg
- A FGASA level 1 (level 2 preferred) qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
- Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving his/her qualifications
- Full Trails guide certificate / or back up trailsÂ
- Valid first aid certificate
- Valid Advance Rifle Handling certificate
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
- Excellent communication and people handling skills
- An inherent passion for observing, sharing and learning about fauna and flora
- Co-operative – and keen to work with the balance of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests
- Organized – with attention to detail and time
- Preferably bilingual – English Afrikaans. Other international languages a plus.