Wildlife Resort in Montagu
- Responsible for assisting Jnr/Sous Chefs and Management with all preparation, cooking and plating of meals, and delegation of tasks to Demi Chefs and kitchen team.
- Preparation, cleanliness and safety of all working areas for service.
- Very good understanding of food hygiene and storage.
- Receiving of deliveries, stock management (orders and stock takes), breakfast, lunch and dinner supervision.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Reporting of maintenance problems in Kitchen and equipment to Maintenance Department.
- Grade 12 or Equivalent – NQF 4 Cookery Qualification
- Formal Culinary Skills/Training
- Experience in a 5* environment is advantageous
- Physically fit, and in good health.
- Sober Habits.
- Neat and presentable.
- Strong work ethic, and a team player.
- Ability to work unsupervised and follow instruction.
- Work flexible and extended hours upon agreement.
- Shared accommodation with water and electricity included
- 2 meals per day included
- 21 days on duty, 7 days rest
- Provident fund after successful completion of probation period
- Staff transport to and from Reserve to closest town for public transport.