We are currently in search of a very hands on and experienced Executive Chef for a busy kitchen in one the most prestigious 5 star game lodges in the Western Cape.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
An Executive Chef is responsible to plan and create the best possible dishes for our camp guests with the application of high food hygiene and safety in the kitchen.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- Supervise kitchen staffs activities
- Maintaining the company's minimum standards for meals and enhancing the guest experience.
- Training of all kitchen staff and monitoring their development.
- Maintaining of assets and ensuring that staff are accountable for damages.
- Carrying out all kitchen administrative work.
- Monitoring all stores, fridges and supplies.
- Interacting with every guest and collecting guest feedback for the improvement of service where needed.
- Practicing hygiene & safety standards as per the set company protocol.
- Hosting of guests.
- Keeping up with cooking trends and best practices.
- Any other duties assigned by the General Manager.
- An internationally recognized Degree or Diploma in culinary skills.
- 5 years of Premier/5 star Executive Chef Experience.
- 5 years of International food preparation experience.
- A history of superior food preparation in the form of references and or a portfolio.
- Advanced Supervisory experience and skills.
- Mentoring/training skills and experience.
- Passionate about food.
- Multitasking Skills.
- Understanding Ingredients, Produce and Spices.
- Health and Safety in Food Hygiene.
- Creativity in Menus & Menu Planning.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Food Sanitation.
- Advanced attention to detail.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Advanced Organization in the workplace
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, have high energy levels, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable. If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience, and this sounds like a challenge you are ready for and you are able to relocate, I would love to hear from you.