We are currently in search of a junior spa therapist to provide professional and engaging wellness therapies and massage treatments for guests on a 5* Game Lodge in the Western Cape region. You will offer a full range of treatments to fulfill different client needs and objectives
- Deliver a variety of spa services (body treatments, massages, facials, waxing and manicure/pedicure) in a safe and comfortable manner
- Maintain equipment and sample inventory of products
- Keep documentation and maintain clients files
- Keep a clean and stocked room
- Acknowledge and respond to relevant customer queries, needs and expectations
- Suggest and promote retail products or additional services
- Uphold hygiene standards and follow health and safety regulations
- Cooperate with and report on administration on any arising issues
- Apply best practices and be up to date with market trends
- Proven work experience as a Spa therapist
- Hands on experience in massage techniques,manicures, pedicures, waxing and face/body therapies
- Experience in sales will be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Communication and customer service skills
- Positive attitude
- User level computer skills
- Relevant qualification
- International experience beneficial
- International qualifications ITEC/CIDESCO/SAAHSP/CIBTEC
- 1 years’ experience in a spa environment associated with the 5* lodge, hotel or cruise industry. We will also consider applicants who have recently graduated.
- Highly presentable; maintaining health, hygiene and professional spa appearance
- Excellent command of the English language with solid verbal communication skills
- Previous proven Retail Sales experience
- Able to work the lodge staff shift cycle of 24 days on and 8 days off
- Performing spa treatments (body, skincare, massage, nails and waxing) in accordance with Spa treatment protocol on men and women.
- Maximising revenue generating opportunities, whilst enhancing the guest service experience, through upselling, in accordance with outlet service journey.
- Setting up, maintaining and replenishing treatment rooms throughout shift ensuring cleanliness and hygiene in accordance with RCH standards.
The successful candidate should have an enquiring mind, be methodical, pay attention to detail, be creative, show perseverance and patience, ability to work under pressure, have high energy levels, be flexible, have the ability to overcome obstacles and persist with the task at hand, be decisive and adaptable. If you have the knowledge, skills and required experience, and this sounds like a challenge you are ready for and you I would love to hear from you.