Large 5* hotel seeks to employ an experienced Technical Services / Maintenance Manager to ensure that the hotel, hotel facilities, guest areas, guest rooms and all public areas are maintained in good working order. They will also ensure cost effective, efficient and effective maintenance of the equipment, plant and buildings and productivity of the hotel through leading the maintenance team in the delivery of maintenance service. They will iimplement and drive a proactive maintenance system which optimizes operational performance through regular planned maintenance and improvement activities.
- Conduct on-going preventive maintenance and upkeep of maintenance services.
- Ensure that all the maintenance activities and systems adhere to the standards / efficiency / productivity levels that have been set for the unit
- Ensure the hotel meets health and safety standards in line with company H&S Audit standards.
- Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities.
- Organise all projects in a manner that does not disturb guests.
- Oversee all aspects of projects -the coordination and completion on time within budget and within scope.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of projects.
- Act fast to resolve emergency issues.
- Find ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logs.
- Make periodic checks of completed repair and maintenance work to ensure that the established standards have been met.
- Coordinate with Executive Housekeeper, Front of House Manager and other Head of Departments on preventive maintenance of rooms and other repair work.
- Develop, update and implement the department’s Standard Operating Procedure manuals.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in similar position.
- Strong leadership skills to manage a team.
- The ability to maximise staff performance through training & coaching.
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance requirements and standards for a 5 Star Hotel.
- Sound knowledge of departmental financial management, budgets, cost control.
- Must be able to work shifts, public holidays and Sundays as and when required.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, sewer and HVAC systems; hotel industry experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Must have own reliable transport with a valid drivers' license
Please forward your cv in MS Word format and include a recent profile photo and contactable references.