Location: Cape Town
Heritage Hospitality Recruitment are currently looking for a Technical Services Manager for a top hotel in Cape Town.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
▪ Conduct on-going preventive maintenance and upkeep of maintenance services.
▪ Ensure that all the maintenance activities and systems adhere to the standards / efficiency / productivity
levels that have been set for the unit
▪ Ensure the hotel meets health and safety standards in line with company H&S Audit standards.
▪ Arrange for routine maintenance in hotel rooms, lobbies and facilities.
▪ Organise all projects in a manner that does not disturb guests.
▪ Oversee all aspects of projects -the coordination and completion on time within budget and within scope.
▪ Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of projects.
▪ Act fast to resolve emergency issues.
▪ Find ways to reduce hotel operating costs and conserve energy.
▪ Manage relationships with contractors and service providers.
▪ Maintain budgets, expenses and activity logs.
▪ Make periodic checks of completed repair and maintenance work to ensure that the established
standards have been met.
▪ Coordinate with Executive Housekeeper, Front of House Manager and other Head of Departments on
preventive maintenance of rooms and other repair work.
▪ Develop, update and implement the department’s Standard Operating Procedure manuals.
Required Qualifications & Experience
▪ Minimum of 5 years proven experience in similar position.
▪ Strong leadership skills to manage a team.
▪ The ability to maximise staff performance through training & coaching.
▪ Excellent knowledge of maintenance requirements and standards for a 5 Star Hotel.
▪ Sound knowledge of departmental financial management, budgets, cost control.
▪ Must be able to work shifts, public holidays and Sundays as and when required.
▪ In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations.
▪ Familiarity with plumbing, electrical, sewer and HVAC systems; hotel industry experience is a plus
▪ Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
The package on offer is highly competitive and includes excellent benefits.
To apply, please forward your CV and profile photo.