Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Remuneration: R 15 000 - R 20 000 CTC per month
Company overview: This Restaurant chain is seeking an Accountant to be based at their Cape Town Hed Office.
- To perform daily, monthly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank accounts, preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports.
- SA Citizen
- AA requirement
- Recognised tertiary education qualification.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Good working knowledge of Accpac.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
Required minimum experience:
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the preparation and finalisation of accounts in accordance with current South African regulations, GAAP & IFRS.
- Monthly preparation of management accounts for the head office division.
- Preparation of audit files for statutory year end audit for respective divisions and related entities.
- Prepare and distribute accurate weekly royalty and service fee invoices to franchisees.
- Prepare and distribute accurate monthly royalty and service fee statements to franchisees.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error free accounting reports.
- Load verified supplier payments on Online banking facility for release by the Financial Manager.
- Monthly reconciliation to trial balance of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with accounting of any other division or related entity as required.
- Assist the Financial Manager with the enforcing of existing and the implementation of new cost control measures in divisions and related entities.
- Assist the Financial Manager with the preparation of group budgets and rolling cashflow forecasts.
- Monthly preparation of VAT 201 returns for the head office division and related entities.
MAIN CHARACTERISTICS AND CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Analytical approach with good eye for detail.
- Ability to build rapport with other colleagues, managers and suppliers and maintain strong relationships.
- Someone with a hands-on, pro-active approach; taking personal responsibility and initiative to prevent or resolve problems.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Has ambition to succeed
- Shows willingness to work, learning everything possible during the period of employment.
- Pride, honesty and integrity
Only applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be contacted.