A fantastic Restaurant chain is looking for an Accountant to join their finance team at Head Office in Cape Town
- SA Citizen
- AA requirement
- Recognised tertiary education qualification.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Good working knowledge of Accpac.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the preparation and finalisation of accounts in accordance with current South African regulations, GAAP & IFRS.
- Monthly preparation of management accounts for the head office division.
- Preparation of audit files for statutory year end audit for respective divisions and related entities.
- Prepare and distribute accurate weekly royalty and service fee invoices to franchisees.
- Prepare and distribute accurate monthly royalty and service fee statements to franchisees.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error free accounting reports.
- Load verified supplier payments on Online banking facility for release by the Financial Manager.
- Monthly reconciliation to trial balance of all balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with accounting of any other division or related entity as required.
- Assist the Financial Manager with the enforcing of existing and the implementation of new cost control measures in divisions and related entities.
- Assist the Financial Manager with the preparation of group budgets and rolling cashflow forecasts.
- Monthly preparation of VAT 201 returns for the head office division and related entities.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted