Peak DMC is part of the Intrepid Group of companies. We are the world's leading global adventure operator, delivering travel solutions to the industry's best brands. With more than 40 offices operating across 92 countries, our established and experienced local teams utilise our company-wide operating standards to innovate and deliver experiential and sustainable travel products tailored for your brand.
The Leader will ensure the overall successful operation of each trip as detailed by PEAK DMC Southern Africa management with reference to the health, safety and enjoyment of the travelers. The majority of those trips will be operated across Southern Africa (eg Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Lesotho, within South Africa) for the Intrepid Group, including trips for PEAK brands and external clients, and in line with standards and policies laid out by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Preferably completed training with a CATHSSETA-accredited training provider
- Possess a Guiding license (FGASA/DEAT or similar) and/or recognized NQF certificate/diploma/degree qualification
- Preferably possess a valid first aid certificate from an institution accepted by the Department of Labour (prior to commencement)
- Customer service experience
- Good computer skills including email, Word and Excel.
- Strong communication (verbal & written) in English and another local language
- In-depth knowledge of product, itineraries, destinations, and the adventure travel industry in Southern Africa.
- 1+ years of experience working in the travel industry
- Preferably with current license C1 with valid PDP (acceptable to the laws of all countries the driver operates in) and any required endorsements to operate a vehicle in the PEAK Fleet at any time either with or without passengers as may be required from time to time to drive.
- Valid Work Permit for South Africa
- Valid passport
SOFT SKILLS AND OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- High standards of customer service and satisfaction (internal and external)
- Leadership skills while able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to take responsibility, work independently and problem solve
- An ability to communicate with people from varied cultures and backgrounds
- Experience in budgeting and handling large sums of money
- To be physically fit and healthy to withstand the combination of long hours, and often mentally and physically challenging conditions
- Ability to take responsibility for the safety of others
- Cooking skills for groups including an understanding of different dietary requirements
- A strong knowledge of the style of travel, operating systems and trips managed by PEAK
- Flexible and adaptable to handle a multitude of tasks that may be on the go at the one time
- Strong time management skills while working within time lines and itineraries
- A sense of humour and a smile!
Areas of Accountability:
- Customer Service and Passenger Satisfaction
- Trip Budgets
- PEAK Itineraries, Policies & Guidelines
- Local Sales Strategy
Closes 23 January 2019