We are currently looking for experienced COST CONTROLLER SPECIALIST to join a fast growing Restaurant Management Group with head office based in Kuwait City.
The primary task of the Cost Controller Specialist, is to analyze and calculate costs of food and beverage items and also responsible for the short and long-term planning of the F&B controlling and pricing aspects. The Cost Controller Specialist is also responsible to record information and produce control reports periodically to help maintain a suitable inventory of food and beverage items for the entire F&B division.
He/she also provides insights and recommendations for proper pricing the menu items based on the costing information collected. He/she will actively work together with the Executive Chef and Head of Departments in engineering the menu in terms of the pricing.
- Hands on problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- Proven track record of maximizing profit in a customer focused environment.
- Commercial awareness of Catering / restaurant environment.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop teams.
- High levels of influencing and persuading skills across different functions.
- Experience/awareness of product buying and liaising with suppliers.
- Competent in the use of IT systems.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, Security, Stock and Cash procedures.
- Evidence of achieving KPIs.
- Experience of Workload planning.
- A high level of literacy and numeracy skills including Profit and loss experience and Computer skills.
- Inventory Management
- P&L Management
- Strategic Planning
- Quality Control
Job Scope and Responsibilities:
- Conduct food safety, brand standard and workplace health and safety evaluations at Liaise closely with the Food & Beverage Department on various operational and cost related issues.
- Prepare the costing for recipes and menus prepared by the Executive Chef and suggests the selling price.
- Perform test checking on the receiving of goods at the store and to see that the procedures are followed correctly.
- Perform random test counts in the Stores.
- Prepare Daily Flash Report of food costs. To depute the clerk to monitor the head count.
- Daily related Cost Control reports to be made day to day basis.
- Prepare P&L statement and analysis as per need.
- Prepare business revenue breakdown summary.
- Verify daily outlet void control sheets / Checks to verify outlet open item report to see that correct pricing has been applied and take necessary action in input the recurring items in the POS system with IT team support and randomly test the inventory of outlets by reconciling the opening stock with the closing stock, taking account of store issues and sales.
- Attend outlet audit to ensure head counts, and no misuse has occurred.
- Verify and approved outlet food & beverage requisitions and forward them to Stores. To scrutinize purchase and stores requisitions for special events.
- Review and prepare outlet costing periodically and verify and control complimentary order forms, F&B cost, etc. To organize to get short supply note and advice kitchen on necessary purchases for rest of the day to investigate major variances and brief the Financial Controller. To post and file inter outlet food transfers.
- Transfer POS revenue data and run the potential usage report.
- Verify daily receiving report.
- Verify and record food and beverages and samples received at free of cost (marketing etc.).
- Review and verify spoilage. To prepare general store issue reports on weekly basis.
- Perform market surveys once in 6 months, necessary amendments should be made to the standard list of suppliers for food & beverage, in liaison with the Executive Chef, Purchasing Manager and Financial Controller.
- Analyze and prepare employee relation & employee meals cost at month end.
- Prepare inventory variation report and cost controller’s report.
- Participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management. Make a timely suggestion to CFO for simplifying documents and avoid duplication issues.
- Comply with any reasonable request made by management to the best of your ability. To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- Generally, promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- Display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- Demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the Company thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- Adhere to Company rules and regulations at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s / Masters’ Degree is strongly desired, preferably in bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or equivalent education/experience.
- Attended Finance, Cost Control, Inventory seminars is an advantage
- Has at least 5 years of working experience in F&B environment with hands on experience as F&B Cost Controller.
- Total package approx. R 35000 - 40000 – depending on experience and skills, (70% basic salary, 20% accommodation allowance, 10% transport allowance)
- Performance bonus
- Public Medical Insurance
- 30 days of annual leave
- Flight allowance every 2 years
- Visa and joining flight to the country of employment
Start: ASAP, subject to visa
To apply for Cost Controller Specialist | Kuwait | Restaurant Management Company, send your CV in WORD document with recent photo and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job!