Executive Chef | Kuwait | Restaurant Management Company
We are currently looking for experienced EXECUTIVE CHEF to join a fast growing Restaurant Management Group with head office based in Kuwait City.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for creating, maintaining and improving sustainable quality of product creations, production, and development. He needs to have expert knowledge, skills and abilities to forecast, control and manage quality production quantities required throughout the day in coordination with the other Head of Departments (i.e. Operations, Management, etc.), Menu Engineering, Kitchen P&L to arrive at sound decision as per business needs. Training, coaching, monitoring, evaluating and mentoring all related chefs down to other kitchen personnel should be his passion to sustain and improve food quality at all times while fulfilling all health and safety rules and food hygiene regulations whilst maintaining the food and labour cost targets set in each period.
- Has strong attention to details and good process knowledge to map out a concrete BIG PICTURE of the Business
- Consistent communications with clear and specific expectations. Simplify direction
- Time management with great organization skills with thorough follow through.
- Must provide profit from bottom line that will advocate elimination of all non-ROI processes
- Intermediate to advance computer skills with excellent reporting abilities
- Fully conversant with all Health & Safety, Food & Hygiene, Fire Regulations.
- Possess excellent product and brand knowledge in order to train chefs and to inform other concerned staff and departments heads and personnel.
- Leadership skills to be able to motivate the team through ongoing coaching, delegation and support to improve development and accountability.
- To be passionate about the role, the brand and the industry and eager to learn and improve.
- Self-motivated and problem solver
- Restaurant and Kitchen Management, P&L Management, HACCP, Food Safety, Production
- Management, Inventory Control, Computer Skills, Training, Development and Delegations, Menu Engineering and Creation, Strategic Planning, Quality Control, Talent Management and Succession Planning, Stress Management, Occupational Hazard Safety know how.
Job Scope and Responsibilities
Quality Production, Efficient Ordering and Competitive Costings
- To be fully conversant with all the products and recipes; leads the team to follow the recipes at all time to achieve excellent product quality and consistency.
- To research, suggests, recommends, create, introduce, roll out new products in order to improve the menu achieving great product mix with high profit margin.
- To be able to analyze trends study such as but not limited to understanding sales to recognize customer preferences in order to suggest changes to improve the menu and customer satisfaction, and customer satisfaction.
- To recognize sales patterns throughout the day, to set up production levels in order to supply the freshest and correct quantities of products as required.
- To communicate the established production levels to all the chefs in order to achieve consistency.
- To ensure all agreed ingredients are used at all times and substandard items are rejected at the delivery point.
- To ensure delegation of tasks to chefs to perform operational checks such as people, products, and all equipment’s are in in the right working conditions to protect the quality of productions and ensure employee safety.
- To ensure all ingredients are kept fresh and according to the company’s food and hygiene standards
- To establish and optimize par levels for ingredients used, and ensure they are stocked for continuous production
- To analyze the cost of ingredients and continuously push for search for better prices and products without compromising product quality.
- To understand the recipe costing in order to train and monitor the chefs to use correct amounts of ingredients to achieve food cost targets
- To ensure that all equipment is used in correct way and only when needed to control the utilities costs.
- To analyze the production and business levels to develop systems and methods to reduce wastage
Personnel Management, Work Scheduling, Deployment and Labor Costs
- To do weekly work schedules which fulfils the production targets and achieves consistent food quality while remaining within labor cost targets.
- To record sickness and absence in coordination with HR and make necessary arrangement in order to maintain production targets
- To arrange annual holidays of chefs, to ensure uninterrupted production
- To assist the related Chef in developing the Kitchen training, development and progression manuals and program in coordination with L&D for the personnel’s Individual Development Plan and Succession Planning.
- To analyze and report recruitment needs to HR and raise needed manpower request with identification of the work essential skills for Job Description creations.
- To attend or delegate personnel to be part of interviewing potential candidates.
- To train all related chef leaders to agreed standard and constantly find ways to improve their performance through continuing on job training which needs to be cascaded, implemented, achieved and followed through to their direct reports.
- To monitor, asses and train all the chefs, and to give directions to improve all aspect of their performance and working conditions.
- To ensure day to day training of junior chefs is continued by senior to achieve efficiency and great food quality.
- To ensure all kitchen chefs and personnel complies with all legal requirements with regards to health and safety, food and hygiene and fire regulations and all kitchen staff members are trained as required by law and company policy, with all records of trainings and memos are kept.
- To work with HR in completing the appraisal of all kitchen personnel.
- To perform or assist in disciplinary procedures with complete documentations and follow through as per company policy.
Health and Safety and Staff Welfare
- To report non-conformities and incidents, hazardous conditions or faulty equipment, food safety issues to the management in timely manner and provide corrections and corrective actions.
- Be fully conversant with all fire, earthquake, emergency and bomb and other work safety procedures.
- Be fully conversant with the Food and Hygiene policy and Health and Safety policy
- Conducts pre-shift meeting and ensure other shifts are doing the same.
- To audit that all delivered items are approved, prices checked and differences in pricing reported to the management
- To audit and check the quality of the products and to return and report any substandard items
- To require reports from the related chefs for record and management of wastages and food cost control on daily basis
- To audit and check order daily stock through Material Control and related software as per preset or approved par levels
- To audit and check weekly stock takes, analyze stock figures and investigate and report the variances
- To ensure all kitchen opening and closing duties are completed through delegation, follow up and checking.
- To check and monitor if all health and safety checks are completed, temperature record, cleaning, sanitation and disinfection, fridge temperature, delivery records and the rest of checklist are religiously implemented.
Work Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s / Masters’ Degree is strongly desired, preferably in Hotel/Restaurant or Culinary, or equivalent education/experience.
- Attended chef seminars, workshops and training for effective and efficient Kitchen Management for continues growth and development is an advantage
- Has at least 10 years of working experience in F&B environment with hands on experience as Executive Chef.
- Total package approx. R 45000 - 54000 – depending on experience and skills, (70% basic salary, 20% accommodation allowance, 10% transport allowance)
- Performance bonus
- Public Medical Insurance
- 30 days of annual leave
- Flight allowance every 2 years
- Visa and joining flight to the country of employment
Start: ASAP, subject to visa
To apply for the Executive Chef | Kuwait | Restaurant Management Company, send your CV in WORD document with recent photo, food portfolio and contactable references.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job! http://www.recruitforafrica.com