Our client is a vibrant, well-established 360-seater restaurant situated in Knysna and specializing in Spanish, Mediterranean, South African Tapas and Seafood Cuisine. It can serve up to apply below customers a day in season and out of season, averages 200-covers per day.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee and co-ordinate day-to-day running of the kitchen. Plan, organize, train and lead their kitchen team to achieve agreed objectives in quality of food at agreed food cost, staffing of shifts, employee’s retention, continuous training of your line staff.
Key Performance Areas:
- Responding, handling, solving complaints and concerns
- Understand and implement completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Achieve company objectives in quality, appearance of facility , sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating positive , productive working environment
- Ensure high level of personal hygiene and uniform standard.
- Ensure the correct and sufficient quantities of perishables and non- perishables available as seasonally required
Prep of Food KPI’S
- Manage the correct following of recipes, knows and complies with the standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards.
- Follows and ensures proper plate presentation and garnishing of all plates.
- Ensure smooth and timeous output from the kitchen during service hours.
- Liaise with Front of House daily with regards to bookings, expected business and group/function requirements
Staff Management KPI’S
- Supervision, Development and Training of all Kitchen staff.
- Creating an environment to promote teamwork.
- Efficient and Impartial rostering of Kitchen staff in consultation with the restaurant manager.
Cleaning and Maintenance KPI’S
- Ensure Kitchen and Food storage areas are kept in a clean and hygienic state.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a safe, working condition.
- Ensure the proper storage of Food items.
- Ensure staff are aware and comply with Food Safety Standards and HACCP.
- Ensure that all Occupational Health & Safety issues are identified, addressed and rectified in a timely manner
- Ensure proper use of perishables with the FIFO as the underlying basis
- Prepare for and accurately complete a Stock-take as required
- Maintain Food Costs as per specific restaurant
- Coordinate purchasing of food, kitchen supplies and cleaning products.
- Ensure timely delivery and inspect the quality of kitchen supplies. All deliveries must be checked upon arrival and signed for quality
- Monitor Wage costs to ensure an improvement on current figures and ensure accurate recording of time sheets for all staff.
- Attend required meetings with a report on kitchen.
- Meet regularly with sales reps and suppliers to ensure best product/best price.
- Participate in performance appraisals of your team
- Keep accurate account of wastage, transfers and all administration
- Price checking and invoices to office timeously
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING:
- An updated CV, showing correct duration dates (month/ year)
- A recent profile photo of yourself
- Educational documentation
- Written Reference Letters or Certificates of Service
- Food Portfolio and menus worked on
PLEASE NOTE: that we can only consider candidates, who are South African Citizens and preference will be given to candidates, who already live in the KZN area!
Candidates who live in other provinces, need to be able to go for personal interviews to the Garden Route, travel expenses might be shared with our client! Telephonic/SKYPE interviews will be conducted by our client upfront!
Due to the high volume of applications we do handle on a daily basis, we are only able to reply, via e-mail to those candidates, who meet our clients' requirements!