A luxurious boutique guest house in Randburg, Johannesburg seeks a manager to head up all departments and ensure the smooth operation of the establishment. This will include the successful rolling out of service, food and beverage, and housekeeping.
Skills / Character:
- Have initiative, and be proactive
- Be a team player
- Both lead and be led
- Tertiary Education in hospitality would be beneficial
- Must have minimum 3 years experience in a management role within the hospitality industry.
- Experience working with booking systems and POS will be considered a major strength
The Candidate's Duties will include:
- To ensure personal hygeine and presentation compliance by all staff in Housekeeping and Front office departments
- To be aware of the day’s business both in Room Occupancy, Special Requirements and VIP needs
- To be aware of the day's business in the executive functions room, and to run boutique functions
- Liaise with Reception regarding Room moves, VIP guests, Special Needs and act on any information given.
- Issue keys, room lists, house assistant check lists and cleaning schedules to housekeeping staff at the beginning of shift and collect and check them at end of shift.
- Daily inspection of guest rooms, public areas, recreational area for cleanliness, appearance and also to make sure these areas are kept as per the hotels standard.
- Ensure all Maintenance work in Bedrooms, Back of House, Kitchen and Public Areas are rectified promptly
- Ensuring that accommodation is clean, well maintained and attractively presented.
- Ensure that company standards for guest services, décor, and housekeeping services are met or exceeded.
- Ensure Guest’s and Hotel Laundry and Dry Cleaning is dealt to hotel management's management.
- Maintain a par stock level of stationary, linen and amenity requirements in order to ensure consistency in standards.
- Knowledge of local and company hygiene, health and safety regulations
- Developing and utilising check lists for regular preventative maintenance.
- Developing and utilising check lists for regular cleaning and upkeep.
- Conduct meetings and training sessions as and when required.
- To assist in the development and writing of Housekeeping departmental SOP's.
- To actively train all staff to the standards laid down in the Training Manual and monitor their work performance.
- Approving Duty rosters for housekeeping and laundry always taking into account the hotel status (Arrival / Departure / Occupancy).
- Monitor staff performance to ensure that guests are happy and that the hotel is well run
- Minimise wastage of materials and energy through careful monitoring of staff.
- Train staff on answering guest enquires about hotel policies and services.
- Manage and serve small restaurants (6 guests or less) independently.
- Manage all check-in’s and check-out’s personally.
Serious applicants only please - submit your CV via hoteljobs.
If you do not receive a response on your application within the first week, please consider your application unsuccessful.