Location: Cape Town
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATION
· Diploma in Hotel or Food & Beverage Management advantageous.
· Must have at least 3 years of food and beverage service experience in a 4 or 5* Hotel Bar or Upmarket Cocktail Bar of which 2 years should be in a supervisory or management role.
· Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Experience at Operator level of a Point of Sales System – exposure to Micros advantageous.
· Experience at Operator level of a Stock Management System – exposure to FnBShop advantageous.
· Highly presentable.
· Solid English verbal and written communication skills.
· Fluent with hospitality language and terminology, particularly food and beverage vocabulary.
· Exposure and understanding of restaurant financials.
· Experience in Service Recovery.
· Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
KEY PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES
· To manage staff and the outlet operation on a day-to-day basis ensuring that:
o Guest Service is in accordance with company and organisation standards.
o Mise en place requirements are completed in accordance with SOP.
o Operating equipment is correctly managed to ensure sufficient stock and minimal breakages.
o To ensure that whenever necessary corrective action is taken when staff do not meet the standards.
· To ensure that beverage stock movement is correctly and accurately tracked, as well as captured on FnBShop.
· To ensure the end of service cash-ups and float management are completed in accordance with SOP.
· Co-ordinating special requests and extraordinary tasks in accordance with SOP.
· Ensure a guest satisfaction check of every guest within the outlet; dealing with any concerns and complaints in accordance with company service recovery guidelines and by personally checking the quality of both service and product on a continuous basis.
· Ensure that monthly staff 1:1 and appraisals are completed timeously having regard for the development of individual employees in line with the goals of the business.
· Ensure the rostering of staff to meet the operational needs of the business ensuring service standards are met while being cognisant of the labour costs.
· Ensure a motivated and driven team by instilling and upholding Red Carnation ethos
· Monitoring and reporting cover counts and average spend trends.
· Actively proposing promotional ideas on a regular basis as well as actively driving the sales and upselling culture of the restaurant to ensure an exceptional guest experience and the financial health of the business.
· Ensure that all guest enquiries are responded to within the response guidelines of the company.
· Personally driving all on-the-job training within the department in line with the Hotel’s SST program requirements.