Sous Chef | Sabi Sands Game Reserve | 5 Star Lodge
We are currently looking for a SOUS CHEF to join this luxury 5 star lodge perched among a canopy of 100 year old trees, overlooking the Sabi River. The style of this 5 star lodge is that of a luxurious tree house, where the main areas link to the 9 private suites via raised wooden walkways. The thick green foliage beneath the overhanging roof of trees has a particular sound to it. The lodge consist of 9 luxury suites, each afford complete privacy. No matter where you are you will not be cheated out of the panoramic views.
Key Focus Areas
- Assist with menu planning and ensure that all necessary stocks are on hand at the right quality and quantity
- Ensure that each cook under his/her direction receives the correct order for the appropriate tables and that all chef de parties/commis chefs are familiar with the days requirements.
- Ensure that each dish leaving the kitchen is checked for quality, presentation and correct temperature.
- Ensure that wait staff is “standing by” when delicate dishes are ready for service.
Food Costs, Budgets and Ad
- To be in control and aware at all times of food costs percentages.
- To assist with the preparation of budgets and aim to achieve the budgeted gross profit, and not exceed budgeted monthly food cost.
- Ensure that all timetables, leave rosters and attendance registers are accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that all stock control functions are carried out according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all month end administration is completed accurately and timeously.
Health and Safety
- Checks the cleanliness and operation of all kitchen equipment as well as all work areas before production runs, to ensure compliance with OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) regulations as well as HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) protocols.
- Enforces hygiene regulations with all kitchen and service staff.
- Ensure that you are familiar and compliant with safety regulations and know the emergency and contingency plans for flood, lodge fire, bush fire evacuations
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Matric/NQF Level 4
- Relevant Diploma preferred
- Good communication skills
- At least 1 year experience in similar role
- 5* Lodge experience preferable
- Administrative skills
- Computer literate : MS Office
- Strong Customer service orientation
- Health & Safety working knowledge
- Planning & organising skills
- Numeric ability
- Supervisory skills
- Market related, based on experience
- Live in position
- 50% contribution towards medical aid
- Provident fund - compulsory
- Meals on duty
- Rotation 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off
Starting date: ASAP
To apply for the Sous Chef | Sabi Sands Game Reserve | 5 Star Lodge, kindly send your CV with recent photograph, food portfolio, written references and certificates/diplomas
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Recruit for Africa is a recruitment agency based in South Africa specialising exclusively in hospitality, retail, chefs and lodge placements. Our agents are specialists in their fields and will be able to advise you and assist in the recruitment process, from the moment you apply for a job until you start your employment. Do not look any further and contact Recruit for Africa to find you the perfect employee or to secure your dream job! http/www.recruitforafrica.com