Location: Cape Town
Kendrick Recruitment are now seeking a passionate Bar Manager for an upmarket 5* Hotel Bar based in the heart of Cape Town. We are looking for a guest-orientated, charismatic leader with a sense of urgency and high attention to detail, to manage this Bar operations and Mini Bar Service on a day-to-day basis.
• Diploma in Hotel or Food & Beverage Management advantageous
• Must have at least 3 years food and beverage service experience in a 4/5* Hotel Bar or Upmarket Cocktail Bar; of which 2 years should be in a supervisory or management role.
• Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
• Experience at operator level of a Point of Sales System – exposure to Micros advantageous
• Experience at operator level of a Stock Management System – exposure to FnBShop advantageous
• Highly presentable
• Solid English verbal and written communication skills
• Fluent with hospitality language and terminology, particularly food and beverage vocabulary
• Exposure and understanding of restaurant financials
• Able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays
• To ensure that beverage stock movement is correctly and accurately tracked; as well as captured
• To ensure end of service cash-ups and float management are completed
• Co-ordinating special requests and extraordinary tasks
• Ensure a guest satisfaction check of every guest within the outlet; dealing with any concerns; and by personally checking quality of both service and product on a continuous basis
• Ensure that monthly staff 1:1 and appraisals are completed timeously having regard for the development of individual employees in line with the goals of the business
• Ensure the rostering of staff to meet the operational needs of the business ensuring service standards are met while being cognisant of the labour costs
• Monitoring and reporting cover counts and average spend trends
• Actively proposing promotional ideas on a regular basis as well as actively driving the sales and upselling culture of the restaurant to ensure an exceptional guest experience and the financial health of the business
• Personally driving all on-the-job training within the department in line with the Hotel’s SST program requirements
• Market Related Salary, to be discussed upon application
• Pension fund
• Optional Medical Aid
• Meal per shift
To apply please send your CV, references and profile photo through today… Good Luck!
Kirsty Merchant [11:06 PM]
do you want me in the meeting tomorrow?