Salary: R10 000
Area: Kruger National Park – Mpumalanga
A field guide provides a core service to the lodge/s, which is in effect the department’s “customer”. The field guides are fully responsible for conducting guided safari experiences at the lodges that are unique, personalized, professional and enjoyable, and are accountable to the Head Ranger for the delivery of such experiences to the guests.
Game drive vehicles and related equipment are to be well-maintained and cared for at all times, in line with the required Standards. Finally, field guides need to ensure that there is effective communication with lodge management in terms of all guest and guiding requirements. This position is accountable to the Head Guide.
- Guide: Ensures the highest quality of game experience for the guests.
- Hosts guests in line with the Standard of Excellence.
- Shows an exceptional appreciation and sensitivity to the environment at all times.
- Ensures that guest and staff safety is always a priority.
- Communicates with Front of House staff to ensure the best possible experience for guests.
- Conscientious maintenance and care of vehicles and related equipment.
- Carries out administration duties timeously and effectively.
- Undertakes a process of continuous education of self and other members of staff.
Achieves service excellence though Teamwork.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as a field guide in a similar lodge environment
- A level 2 FGASA qualification or higher with theory and practical completed
- Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving his/her qualifications
- Lead Trails guide certificate
- Valid first aid certificate
- SASSETA Certificates
- A valid South African Code 8 Driver’s license and PDP
- Signed Driver’s Code of Conduct
- Excellent communication and people handling skills
- An inherent passion for observing, sharing and learning about wildlife
- The ability to work on his/her own with enthusiasm
- Flexible in that he/she is willing to change plans on the spur of the moment and is willing to innovate in the interests of the guest and the company
Forward your CV in Word format with a recent photo of yourself to: michelletrs.org.za