A national restaurant & retail group is seeking to appoint a PAYROLL CLERK to be based at their offices in Cape Town.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of monthly wages payroll within the group
- Import all hours from reporting tools / Micros into VIP and ensure that these balances (must have job costing experience).
- Process all other earnings and deductions that had been approved for payroll processing (All leave transactions, loans, cash shortages, uniforms, a stock shortage, bonus, and transport)
- Records data concerning the transfer of employees between stores
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Responsible for leave administration for all waged employees
- Prepares and issues payments to Payroll Manager for 1st authorization
- Print reporting tools/micros reports and save in the current month order
- Follow up if there are any discrepancies from the previous pay run
- Update wage analysis after every monthly pay-run
- Print job costing report and check that information captured into VIP is correct and balance the split shifts
- Print and send pay slips to all stores
- Filing of sick notes, leave forms, any correspondence relating to the current wage pay-run
- Check and update the status of foreign nationals, communicate and discrepancies to the human resources department
- Print VIP reports for current month wage payout.
- Responsible for maintaining an existing filing system for all waged employees within the group
- Responsible for generating UIF documentation for termination, maternity leave, illness benefit, death benefit and adoption benefit
- Handle and resolve all payroll queries efficiently
- Perform any ad hoc duties from time to time as instructed by Payroll Manager
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bookkeeping qualification advantageous
- SAGE VIP
- Payroll Administration (2-year wage experience)
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Internet software; Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and WordProcessing software
Please forward your cv in MS Word format and include a recent profile photo with contactable references. Must have own reliable transport.