Bedfordview, Gauteng R35,000.00 per month (Negotiable for the right candidate)
We are looking for an Executive Chef for our beautiful plant-based eatery in Bedfordview. Previous 5* Hotel or fine dining restaurant experience is advantageous. We are looking for someone who has a passion for food and enjoys creating 5* international dishes. You will need to be creative and be able act fast when in the kitchen. You will need to be a great team leader, manage and develop your team in a firm but fair manner that allows growth and confidence in the kitchen. You will also be required to maintain and implement hygiene standards and to take control of stock takes and staff training.
• Daily menu planning and preparation of beautiful dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Menu planning in line with seasonal availability and trends.
• Costing, ordering and stock control
• Good knowledge of kitchen hygiene and equipment maintenance.
• Work as a team with Sous Chef, Chef de Partis and Commis
• Training and developing the kitchen team.
• Managing, motivating and mentoring staff members.
• Responsible to operate within the Policies and Procedures of the Company
• Maintaining the standards of a 5* luxury hotel.
• Must have managed kitchen staff of at least 10 people
• Chef Qualification (Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma)
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a 5* environment.
• Experience in menu planning, stock taking and ordering.
• Experience in successful staff training and mentoring.
• Ability to run shifts with kitchen and deliver a consistent high quality of work.
• Fully computer literate in Office Suite.
• Excellent self-motivation and initiative
• Ability to work harmoniously with management and staff of all levels.
• Ability to be resourceful, creative and work well under pressure and unsupervised.
• Minimum 3 contactable references