THE COMMODORE HOTEL
This vacancy will be filled taking into consideration the Legacy Hotel Employment Equity Policy.
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE:
The successful candidate will have a passion for guests, service and product excellence, an eye for detail and the ability to work as part of an energetic Team
- At least 2 year experience in the Hotel industry, in a similar position.
- Opera “Front Office and Cashiering functions” an advantage
- Excellent Computer skills (Windows/Microsoft Office literate).
- Fluent in English – Verbal & Written Communication
- Display a high level of emotional intelligence and be well groomed.
- Customer orientation, professional charm and sophistication is an advantage
- Ability to work shifts and occasional overtime
- Able to work under pressure.
- Minimum Std 10 (Grade 12)
- Hotel School Diploma or National Qualification equivalent an advantage
- To ensure that all guests are checked in and out in a professional, efficient and courteous manner and maintain a high standard of personal service with all customers, internal and external as well as public areas surpassing those as set out by Legacy Hotels and Resorts international.
- Ensuring that Front Office policies and procedures regarding front desk procedures, switchboard duties, handling incoming messages, mail, deliveries, packages etc. are strictly adhered to.
- Dealing with all guest queries regarding bookings, in house queries, payments and after departure services.
- To assist the Sales & Marketing department in promoting and selling the hotel & the facilities to prospective guests.
- Ensuring effective communication from the reception department to all operational departments.
- To make reservations in the absence of the Reservations department and after hours.
- To be fully aware of the trends in the industry and make suggestions for the improvement of the running of the Front Desk.
- To assist as far as possible with the induction and training of new staff members and students. And to carry out duties that the Front Office & Rooms Division Manager’s may require from time to time.
DATE REQUIRED: Immediately
REPORTING TO: Front Office Manager / Assistant Front Office Manager
Applications to be addressed to HR Department for attention Lisa Karner, to reach her by no later than
Friday 28th June 2019 Please accompany your application with a full updated CV. You can also send your application via e-mail to lkarnerlegacyhotels.co.za