Location: Cape Town
Butler/house-attendant for a Private Villa in Cape Town . . .
The precise role of a butler /house-attendant has evolved considerably in recent years and traditional conceptions of this job have substantially changed.
A modern butler/house-attendant needs to be able to multi-task, as the modern employer is generally looking for multi-skilled representatives with a good working knowledge of hands-on operations around the Villa. He may also be called on to act as a chef assistant.
The ideal candidate would be motivated, trustworthy and discreet.
- Overseeing correct layout, change-over and upkeep of table services for breakfast, lunch and evening meals; preparing table layouts to a contemporary style
- Maintaining and cleaning valuables around the Villa
- Understanding, promoting and defending household protocols among staff
- Inviting and welcoming guests
- Serving food and drinks, ensuring proper service at all times
- Assisting with general household maintenance and maintaining the Villa
- Following cleaning schedule and tasks in different parts of the property
- Periodical deep cleans as well as daily cleaning of the property
- Geared towards general hygiene and cleaning standards set in the Villa by the Owners and Villa Manager
- Perform all duties with discretion, professionalism and a pleasant demeanour
- Anticipate the Owners and their guests needs by learning their preferences, allergies and dislikes
- Remain well-groomed at all times
Requirements for the positions
- Fluent command of English in verbal and written communication
- Honest and trustworthy individual with a pro-active mind set
- Understanding the difference on what needs to be done when the Villa is empty and occupied
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situation and the ability to work on your own
(strong mulit-tasking skills required)
- Strict attention to detail
- 100% time and attendance record
- Detail oriented with the ability to do: housekeeping, ironing, general maintenance
- Experience in a similar position with a luxury private household/family residence for at least 3 years
- Highest level of standards and experience in food & beverage service and housekeeping
- Service orientated and highly skilled
- Hold a clean criminal record in both their country of employment and country of origin
- Present all certificates and qualifications from training centres and/or schools they attended
- Successfully pass two interview stages before a trail-period will be considered
- Provide at least three positive references from previous employers
- Complete a professional dossier containing: CV, cover letter, proof of identity (photocopy or scan), proof of address, proof of the right to work in the country of employment (if applicable), driving license and pay slips from previous professional placements. Candidates should be aware that other documentation may also be required.
- Motivated and willing to work as part of a team
The Villa is located in the Milnerton/Blouberg area and candidates are required to be already working in this area.
Please do NOT apply for position without the necessary requirements and work experience. You will not be considered or contacted. We are not looking to train someone into this position, we are looking for the perfect candidate to step into this position and adjust themselves to the manor of the Villa and her team.
We are looking for this position to be filled in the last week of September. A probation period of at least 3 to 4 months is required before a permanent position will be offered. You must be living in the Cape Town area already in order to qualify for this position and due to the demands of this position we require a male to fill this position.